Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 12

Well, little one and I have 2 appointments this week, one was Monday, and the big one is Friday.

Monday was just a normal check up, but I got to hear the heart beat! I was in love! Baby P is going strong at 166bpm. Now I have been checking out the old wives tales and one states that if a heartbeat is under 140, it's a boy, above 140, a girl! Chris thinks it's a boy still, but I have the winning team because more people think it is a girl (Me, Mom, Gramma Betty, and Gramma Gee Gee). Baby P is the size of a plum this week. We are at the end of our first trimester!!!

Friday, I have to make the trip into Hartford, about 40 minutes away, at 8 am. Luckily, it was only early in the pregnancy that I was craving more and more sleep. Lately I have been up around 7:30am. Anyway... Friday is my First Trimester Screening. They will do an ultrasound and check the nuchal translucency, or fluid behind the neck. This is a primary screening for birth defects. Like I said last week, this ill not change the view of this pregnancy for us, we would just like to know. The best part of the appointment... I finally get to take home the first picture of our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment