Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weeks 32-34 and Baby Shower

Clearly I have taken yet another blogging hiatus!
We are well into the third trimester, in fact, we are 8 and a half months along!  Chris and I are getting more and more anxious with each passing day and cannot wait to meet Christopher!!!
At 34 weeks, little man weighs about 5 lbs and around 18-19 inches long!  He is getting so big, so fast, and with him is my belly.  I have lost sight of everything below (lol) and I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable after sitting in the same position for awhile.  He has found my ribs and loves stretching right up into them.  Heartburn hasn't let up in the least bit and no matter what I do throughout the day, my back hurts whenever I lay down for bed.  Chris has laughed a few times watching me trying to get out of bed or off the couch (he eventually helps!)

Whenever I have a Braxton Hicks contraction, we can always feel Christopher in the same position.  I usually have a bigger bump on my right side and my belly looks a little deformed (hah!)  But the good news about his positioning, he is already head down and will more than likely stay that way.  At my appointment on Monday the Dr. said little man feels good and everything is going on a great path.

A couple weeks ago, I went home to good ol' Sayre for my baby shower!  I  loved very single minute of being "home" and had a great time!  I met Lukas and holding the teeny tiny peanut made me soo much more anxious for Christopher to get here!!  Saturday was my shower and I loved every minute of it!  I was so glad I was able to visit with family I hadn't seen for several months.  My mom had a couple games set up, including a nursery rhyme completion (I did NOT win, by any means) and a belly measuring game.  Most of the ladies went a little (WAY) too big :), but it was all in good fun.  We received so many beautiful and special gifts.  Little man got plenty of adorable clothes, books, and we have started the diaper/wipes stack.  He is all set for bath time (I would hope) and all ready for exploring and getting out of the house.   I got a boppy and have already been looking for patterns to create some more covers!  He also got a homemade quilt from his Meme, a fleece blankie from Great Gramma Gee Gee, a beautiful minky quilt from his Aunt Marina (with a matching lovie), and is really looking forward to seeing his Gramma Sue's quilt!!

Christopher's Great Gramma Gee Gee got his stroller and car seat and this (soon to be) Momma already has it set up.  Chris laughs at me all the time, and ok.. it is funny/pathetic, but I have been playing with the car seat, practicing how/where to clip and how to fold/unfold the stroller.  I have also set up the play yard the Christopher got from his Aunt Angie and Aunt Sherri.

It's getting late so I am going to wrap things up, but first, a few pictures!

 Diaper Cake-- By My Mom and Sister!


 Car seat that has been practiced on quite a few times!



 The nursery is filling up!  To the left is our new favorite place to sit, the glider from Christopher's Me Mere


 34 Week side belly shot


 34 week straight on belly shot, getting wider


The view from here is very limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment