Thursday, May 31, 2012

37- 38 Weeks... Almost time!

Now that I have said it's almost time, little man will want to keep baking for a few more weeks!

Anyway, I am about 38 and a half weeks now, and yesterday at my appointment, I was about a cm and a half dilated.  That wasn't much of a change since last week, when I was officially dropped and 1 cm dilated.  Since that appt, Chris has been convinced we will meet our baby boy that day... and will rarely go anywhere without me or having his phone with him (which.. really? how is that any different??)  I have also not gained any weight for the past 3 weeks and my blood pressure has gone up slightly, which the Dr. said is perfectly normal at this stage.

This past weekend into early this week was a killer.  I mean it was brutal.  90 degree weather + mugginess + 38 weeks preggers.... not a good combination in the least bit.  I could not get comfortable and was absolutely miserable.  God bless Chris for dealing with me, because I couldn't even stand myself.  But he would just joke and laugh at (with?) me.. which would just irritate me more then, but I really appreciate it now.

I think we are about as ready as we will ever be for Christopher to get here.  We have the car seat in the car, the bassinet next to the bed, hospital bags packed, clothes washed, coming home outfits ready, and my little nesting things accomplished (but I am still finding things to do).  I think it was Monday night, I was up until almost 3 am because I had to clean the kitchen, clear out the refrigerator, and make a 2 page grocery list of what we like and may need eventually... with eventually being the operative word.  Chris basically sleep walks downstairs and almost had to drag me to bed.  Ever since then, I have found little things to do, which really aren't that little.  I decided to pull all of Chris' clothes from the closet and wash them all, and finished that last load today.  Last night, I went out back and raked the pebbles in the dog run and weed whacked.  Chris thinks that since I am "nesting" he should give me a list of what could be done.  Uhh no way buddy.  I don't think so (this might have caused some irritation during the scorching days).  But I did cave and helped him clean the Motorhome.

Here is the 38 week belly.. I almost feel as if it got smaller. 
Dr. said it is possible as he settles in lower.



Christopher's "bassinet" right next to the bed.. until he is ready for his crib.


One of my favorite outfits for Christopher... from Chris' friends Byron & Zoe
A Chris Paul jersey from the Clipper's... His nickname is CP3




And just because they are too cute!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment