Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christopher Musso Patrick, III

5 weeks later...
Christopher is here and we are loving every singnle (exhausting) minute of being with him!
He was born on June 13, 2012 at 2:42 am
Weighing in at 7lbs. 6.9 oz.
Measuring in at 21 inches.

I ended up having an emergency C section, after only progressing to 4 cm.  To start from the beginning... My water broke around 6:40 pm on Tuesday (the 12th).  Even though my water broke, I didn't really start feeling contractions until almost 9 o'clock.  At that point, we headed to the hospital just for them to tell me I was only about 2 cm dialated.  Even though I wasn't far progressed, they let us stay, since it was a 20 minute drive to to the hospital.  Around 11, my contractions started picking up, but were pretty sporadic.  My mom got to the hospital around midnight and I was 4 cm, with my contractions still coming whenever they wanted and having no pattern.  I had to switch positions because with every contraction, Christopher's heart rate was dropping.  Shortly after my mom got to the hospital, my Dr. was called in.  I was having extrremely difficult contractions and had to be placed on oxygen.. my lips were turning blue (most of this part is from what Chris and my mom have told me).  Around 2:20 am my Dr. made the decision to go in for an emergency c-section, because Christopher's heart rate was dropping down into the low 70's. (It turns out, with every contraction, Christopher's head and fontanel was pushing on my pubic bone)  I felt so out of it.. scared out of my mind but out of it.  We got the the OR and thankfully Chris and my mom were both allowed in with me.  After getting the epidural (weirdest sensation), it was only a few minutes until Christopher was born.

Of course, our first official picture is missing Chris' head!

Christopher's 1st picture

Beautiful boy!

Had a bit of a cone head!

First picture with Mommy

So in love!

Much better family picture!

With Daddy

Big stretch!!!! 

This was the night he was born.. so so alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment