Thursday, February 23, 2012

24 Weeks

We are at 24 weeks and only have a month left before we hit the 3rd trimester! Time is flying by so fast!!

Little man has been so active this week, and more so than he has been. He is usually wiggling around and wakes me up around 8-8:30, sleeps until about 2 then starts moving around again. He has stayed consistent, since I first felt him move, and is always awake between 8:30-9 at night. He will usually be movin and shakin for a few hours until we go to bed.

I have still been getting heartburn every night, but besides that, no real issues. I have found that even though I have my new body pillow (AMAZING) it is getting harder and harder to stay asleep at night.

So his stats: At 24 weeks, he weighs just over a pound (gained 4 oz in the past week alone) and is almost a foot long. BabyCenter compares his size to an ear of corn. Right now he is tall and lean, but he will soon be packing on the pounds, along with Momma (up to 151, 16lb weight gain). This week his respiratory system is starting to develop, as well as producing surfactant (what will inflate his lungs when he gets here!).

At the doctor yesterday, we were told that he is still measuring about a week and a half big. They won't be changing the due date until he is measuring 2 and a half weeks ahead of schedule and then they will do an ultrasound... then discuss changing the due date.

I have been adding items like crazy to the registry. Originally, we were registered only at Babies R Us, but have added other stores now as well. Click here to go to the MyRegistry.com site. I'm sure I will be adding more little things soon.

We are getting so excited!!! It is weird to think that he will be here in 16 weeks! Hormones have been in full effect this week and let's just say Chris is loving it! Not :)

Pictures!

24 Week Belly



Baby Girl wanting to cuddle with Momma and the big belly


And what I love to look at


No comments:

Post a Comment